I remember after some time of getting comfy in shooting with manual mode, I started to poke around the internet for answers on how to take my images to the next level. I always love getting an image right in camera, but I wanted to add that polish that made an image look more professional and styled.
*applause... followed by confused silence*
I'm not sure why I landed on Lightroom instead of Photoshop, but the interface was user friendly and I had other friends who swore by it. That was enough for me! Admittedly, I am NOT the most techie-geninus around. (I know, big shocker if you know me - ha!) It took a LOT of education to get myself up and running with Lightroom. And there are still tricks and new insights I'm learning all the time. There is no finish line in photography... it's an art that builds on itself. One baby step at a time, friends. I am so glad I invested in learning Lightroom (both online and in person) to get over that head-scratch stage and to the point where I knew how to maneuver around.
Here are some fun SOOC (straight out of camera) and edited images to compare the before and after. Lightroom is a powerful tool, but only when you know how to manipulate it to suit your style and artistic aesthetic. It's amazing how just a few easy adjustments can make an image pop!
Friend, I'd love to help if you're stuck in the head-scratch stage right now. I believe you are MORE than capable of diving in, composing your images like an artist and developing your own editing style. If you're longing for a Lightroom roadmap, I would love to have you join us at the next Only Little Once 102 Workshop coming up on Saturday, August 19th!
Here's all the fun stuff planned during our afternoon together:
- We'll discuss photography topics including nailing focus, artistic composition and shooting in varying light scenarios.
- In Lightroom, I'll take you through several clean edits with tons of tips and tricks on how to add that certain polish to your final images.
- A time to ask-me-anything - including how to start a business, building a portfolio or organizing your massive collection of digital files.
- After the class, you'll be added to our exclusive Only Little Once Grads private Facebook group. Join an awesome community of Mom-Togs, just like you, who are creating beautiful work.
- A bonus thank-you gift! :)
If this has you totally pumped and ready to dive in, I cannot wait to meet you! Drop me a note with any questions you might have, I'm always up to chat photography. :)