Happy 4th of July, friends!
Today, I thought it would be fitting to share a short list of what I'm loving this Summer. :)
Maybe your list looks the same or you could add to it?
Here's what's making me smile lately:
1. Sparkling Water - You guys, I'm becoming quite the sparkling water connoisseur. I've tried several different brands and here are my current favorites in no particular order:
- La Croix - orange and tangerine are amaaaazing.
- Bubbly - current fav!
- Polar - so yummy...
- Trader Joe's - love the raspberry lime cans!
2. Coola Sunscreen - I've been using this brand of sunscreen on my face for a couple of years now. I love that the daily facial moisturizer has an SPF of 30 and smells like cucumbers. :)
3. Picnic Dinners - Not sure what to do for dinner tonight and loathe turning on the stove in the Summer? Picnic dinners are giving me LIFE right now. Pull out all the bite size foods from the fridge and make a hodgepodge on the table. Lunchmeat, cheese slices, olives, chopped nuts, veggie slices, dried fruit, hummus, pita chips and plenty of fresh fruits are just a few options. My kids LOVE this. They get to pick their favorites and I don't overthink it.
4. Podcast marathons - While the kids are busy, I love to pop my earbuds in and listen to my favorite podcasts. Folding laundry is a great time to do this or during an early morning walk. My current favorites:
- RISE podcast by Rachel Hollis
- The Simple Show
- The Alli Worthington Show
- The Lazy Genius
- The Next Right Thing with Emily P. Freeman
5. Netflix - Remember when we had to watch commercials? The WORST. Send me your favorite Netflix suggestions, I need some new binge worthy choices. :)
6. Quiet Mornings - Working at home and balancing the kids is always a season of change for me. Every Summer I get a little bit better...a little more grace-filled...and a little more intentional with my planning. Five years in and I'm thriving by waking early most days to work before our day starts. It fills my soul and keeps me caught up on edits and all things EAP.
7. Gratitude Lists - During some of these early mornings, I write down everything I'm feeling grateful for. It sets my mindset for the day and fills my emotional cup. I can remember that list when I'm feeling irritable or generally ungrateful. A few items on the top of my gratitude list:
- Coffee with almond milk
- The friendship my daughters share
- My latest fiction read
- Charcoal face masks (hello, oily Summer skin...)
- Air Conditioning (praise...)
- My husband's flexible schedule this Summer
- Colored pens and highlighters #nerdstatus
What are you loving this Summer?
What is currently blessing you in this season?
Drop me a note and lemme know! I always love hearing from you, friend. :)